Event is FINISHED
Arduino Core for ESP32 Workshop
The ESP32 is the latest chipset to be released by Shanghai-based, Espressif Systems that combines both Wi-Fi and Bluetooth (BT) capabilities within its dual CPU core and a rich accompaniment of hardware peripherals. Designed as an ultra low power chip using TSMC 40nm technology, it employs a customised CPU design based on the Cadence® Tensilica® Xtensa® Dual-Core 32-bit LX6 600 DMIPS. Currently there are only limited number of development boards released by Espressif Systems.
The Nano32 produced by the designers of Arduino Nano and Espresso Lite (Thailand-based Gravitech and MakerAsia respectively) is the first third-party development board that provides another alternative to the eager-beavers community of geeks, makers, hackers and developers interested in the latest Wi-Fi/BT combo 'wonder' chip. We are proud to be associated with the development and promotion of the Nano32 as the choice development board for all IoT enthusiasts in Singapore.
Currently there are only two methods to program the ESP32-based boards: 1) using Espressif's own IoT Development Framework (ESP-IDF) and 2) ESP32 Arduino Core
In view that the development of the ESP32 Arduino Core is still at its early stage, not all ESP32's advanced features will be accessible. Nevertheless, the Arduino environment will be a familiar sight for many novice learners and amateur enthusiasts who do not want to miss out on using the ESP32.
At the end of the workshop, participants will be able to:
- Program the GPIOs to blink, respond to button press
- Make system and OS call e.g. creating and prioritizing background tasks, call SDK function
- Read data from sensors e.g. DHT22 temperature/humidity sensor
- Perform WiFi functions .e.g. WiFi scan and connecting to WiFi
- Make HTTP requests
- Visualize sensor data with ThingSpeak
Participants will receive the Nano32 development board, breadboards, temperature and humidity sensor, switch, LEDs, jumper wires and accompanying instructional materials.
To facilitate the smooth running of the workshop, each participant will need to:
- Download and install the latest version of the VirtualBox (5.1.8) and the expansion pack to their laptops from https://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Downloads;
- Reserve a hard disk space of at least 16Gb for the virtual image file that will be given on the workshop day itself;
- The event description was updated. Diff#203878 2016-10-30 13:56:36
Add to Calendar
Mon Nov 7, 2016
7:00 PM - 10:00 PM SGT
7:00 PM - 10:00 PM SGT
ESP32 Arduino Core Workshop SOLD OUT $80.00 ESP32 Arduino Core Workshop (without kit) SOLD OUT $30.00
- Venue Address
- 20 Peck Seah Street Singapore
The workshop venue is at the level 3 of the Nanyang Khek Community Guild, 5 minutes walk from Tg Pagar MRT station.
Want to find more groups and events like this?